
We waited a little while in the waiting room:

At last Dr. Gerow's assistant led us to the "cast room" where Charlee laughed and had a great time on the table...

and then tolerated the cast cutting, for a little while:

About halfway through cutting off the first side, she went bananas. Poor little girl wanted the cast cutting to stop! She did not have a chance to chill out once the saw stopped, because some of the plastic lining stuck to the sore spot on her skin.
I had been dreading seeing the bad spot under the cast. My biggest fear - that somehow I wasn't diligent enough in caring for her causing the sore to form. I'll spare you the details about the area around her knee that was pretty yucky, but after looking at it, I know there wasn't anything we could have done. The sore also did not look nearly as bad as I thought it might, so that was also a relief; she's healed like Wolverine of the X-Men and it looked just like red, new skin by today.After the doc's office we went to the orthopedic supply place to pick up her brace. Although I am sure the doc wasn't thrilled, they did not have in stock the specific brace the doctor prescribed. That little detail has made my weekend! She's been a "normal" baby all weekend - even taking several turns in the Hotsling! We took her for dinner at Connie and David's house. She was such a good girl playing with Augustine. The best part about the delay is the time her skin has had to heal. I am confident that the brace won't agitate her skin when it is fitted tomorrow.

The craziest part is how much she has grown since we took her into the surgery center 6 weeks ago. She is close to 2 inches taller and weighs 16 lbs 9 oz. Her 3-6 month clothes will soon join the newborn and 0-3 month clothes already boxed away, as I already pulled out the 6-9 month outfits for her to start wearing.
Our little girl is such a happy baby:
2 comments:
Love those dimples! And I'm so excited that everything went relatively smoothly! YEA!
She looks fantastic! So happy that the hardest part is over for you guys and glad that all went better than the plan!
Looking forward to Thursday night! Just went to pick up the pieces of pottery that Paul, Maddie, and I painted last wknd at Mad Potter and they look GREAT so I'm excited to paint the next piece. :-)
Post a Comment