Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike it or Not...

We're gonna get some rain...and some wind...but hopefully not tornadoes!

Charlotte and I ran out this morning before the grocery store turned into a zoo where we picked up some water, batteries, and snacking food, to get us through the storm. I topped off my gas tank as I made my way to Target, where I grabbed a bag of disposable diapers (and a few other random items we need, though not per say for a hurricane) - if the power goes out, I can't wash diapers! Yuck!

Our final stop was SPEC's. I mean, who wants to go through a hurricane without the requisite party? I picked up a bag of hurricane mix, some dark rum, 3 20 lb bags of ice, and some water. No one else in the city seems to have ice anymore, but Spec's opened right as I walked up, so I got lucky :-). Now that I've made all my last minute purchases, I say, bring on the storm.

2 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Sounds like you're having a storm party. I want to come! We wont get anything up here besides the rain. If it get too bad, everyone can just evacuate on up here! :)

HappyAutisticMama said...

Awesome! I wish we lived closer so we could join the fun! I did get some goodies of our own--bakery brownies, pringles, and some chocolate bars, plus the makings of cheeseburgers and hotdogs for the grill.