We're all okay at our house! The storm brought high water (though not quite high enough to come into the house), tore down limbs, flattened fences, and left us with a drizzle of water from the tap and no electricity. Three and a half days later, the fence still needs mending and we still don't have power.
Fred's office still is out of power, but my work is up, so I hauled my entire computer up here to get work done (I was on a time crunch before Ike arrived, now I'm in big trouble). Fred's company has actually offered to fly us up to their office in PA early (we have plans to go to a conference he has next week), but I don't see how we can take them up on the offer.
Anyway, I'll post storm pictures when I get the chance.
Take care till I can post again!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're all OK! We don't have power, either. We have water pressure now, although we didn't for the first couple mornings. I don't know if it's safe yet, so we're only using the tap for showers and drinking bottled water. I go into work tomorrow and I'm looking forward for the change in scenery, not to mention A/C! I can't imagine taking care of a little one with no water or power for so long. Taking care of my husband and I and the dogs is enough.
Post a Comment