As much as I wouldn't really mind a bit more wintry weather, we enjoyed playing outside quite a bit this week in the mild temperatures.
The trampoline is still a favorite.
I live in constant wonderment of my kids' love for each other.
We abandoned the dining room for school lessons and tackled them on the living room floor and at this antique school desk. I think I need to change up lesson location more often.
We completed Charlotte's 70th Math lesson. I'm amazed at how much we've already covered in a few months. She really enjoys math more than anything else we do.
Everyone loves Do-A-Dots around here.
I think we've had them out every day this week.
My mom is awesome, she bought me a padded camera strap with a two pocket pouch that can hold the lens cap and my phone at the same time. It is awesome soft goodness on my neck. It makes me want to use my camera more - just because it is that much more comfortable to wear. If I'd known the difference I would have bought a padded cover a long time ago.
I learned, for probably the 8 millionth time, that you should carefully read recipes. It is never okay to accidentally sub 1 tablespoon of baking soda for baking powder. Talk about nasty biscuits. Fred tried to be nice and eat his anyway, but only made it halfway through. I was really confused as to why they were so awful until I realized my error. Sad sad.
Retirees like to congregate and gossip at the Y at 10 AM on a weekdays. It reminds me a little of the socializing that used to happen in the weight/cardio room at the Rec in college, except everyone is more than 3x older and talks a lot louder. I feel a bit out of place - maybe I should actually attend the Yoga class that happens around that time instead...
And that was our week, in a nutshell.










No comments:
Post a Comment