Charlotte insisted on making Pizza for dinner tonight. At first I thought it was going to be okay to make it next week. But with Charlotte tomorrow is often too far away. Then i realized that not only did she want it today, she also wanted the lunchable kind.
Ummm...no.
I convinced her that she could help me make them. Fortunately, the only ingredient we were lacking was pepperoni, easy! Charlotte and Frederick made their own personal pizzas and I made a spinach-artichoke/Pepperoni-onion-bell pepper-olive for us. Yumminess.
I skipped the pizza stone and missed the crunch, but not the 50% chance my pizza would be ruined sliding on or off the stone. Any pros out there have any tips?


2 comments:
We buy the frozen pizza dough balls from Sams. There are a CRAZY amount of dough balls for $15. We simply defrost all day on the counter (usually while we are out at work), then roll out, place on baking stone (never have sliding problems), top with Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, garlic (lots cause we love it), already cooked chicken (pan seared), already cooked broccoli, and more cheese. Bake and serve. We made these at the family Christmas a couple of years ago (everybody made their own), and it was a big success.
Okay, more questions:
1) you heat your stone in your oven first, yes?
2) Do you slide from a pizza peel? What size pizzas do you make? Do you use corn meal? How do you do it!? I always make a mess of it, but I also load my pizzas down with yummy good stuff.
3) Do you like the frozen dough better than fresh? I've always made my own (and add in whole wheat).
Post a Comment