After a week without my 2004 Honda Accord, I realized something: absence makes the heart grow fonder. Though new, the tiny, dark blue, Nissan Sentra I drove while my car received a new door, fender, and half a paint job, just didn't do it for me. Now our family car is back and asks, please, photos on her good side please! Seriously, the driver side looks brand new. I scrubbed the seats and the shop vacuumed and washed her. We're all so glad to have her back. Well, except for Frederick who really enjoyed propping his feet up on the passenger seat in front of him.
This little experience has reminded me that our 8 year old car still works well and I can't see us replacing it until a) the 13 year old Mustang putters out and dies or b) our family grows.
Or maybe we'll win the lottery. But that requires playing, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment