Sunday, February 11, 2007

13 weeks, 5 days

Today's belly pic. I now decidedly have a belly. Really, it just showed up this week! For some reason, I didn't expect it to show up so suddenly and quickly. I have read that many first time moms take longer to "pop" out. Not me!?

The other thing I have noticed this week, and especially in the last few days, is that I have energy again! It is funny how I became accustomed to not having any and suddenly I can't keep busy enough. While I had been known to spend half the day napping and the other half of the day on the couch in front of the TV, I have been up later than 11pm three days in a row, with only a single, precautionary, half-hour nap to tide me over.

On top of all of that, any kind of food suddenly sounds edible again. I actually cooked crawfish Étouffée today and enjoyed cooking it! The funny smell in the sink has mysteriously vanished and the heater no longer blows an awful smell every time it turns on.

I feel back to myself again! I didn't fully realize how unlike myself I've been feeling until everything came back to normal. AND I still know I have had it much better than many of my first trimester peers.

Anyway, hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: