So, last night, after dinner, I was lying down on the couch reading a book when I felt a little pop-pop low in my belly. However, there was a lot of gurgling and digesting going on so I tried not to think too much of it. THEN just before noon, I was sitting down, waiting quietly with nothing else to do, and I felt the same little pop in my belly and then another. I KNEW i wasn't digesting anything then! This afternoon I had a Dr Pepper, and I could feel him* moving again!! So crazy! Sometimes I feel a little popping feeling (similar to how a little air feels in your digestive tract), and sometimes it feels like a little tickle on my insides.
The funny thing is how much more real this baby seems now that I can feel him. "Hey! There really is someone growing in there!" It is as if our baby has gone from something abstract to something physical. It is suddenly easier to imagine what he might look like as he grows inside of me, though I can't wait to see for myself. I'm also looking forward to his movements being big enough for Fred to feel, so he can enjoy our baby's first movements :-).
Okay, past the baby's bedtime. Just thought I'd update!
*Note: he is just to use a pronoun instead of "it." We do not know, nor do we intend to find out before the baby is born, if we are having a boy or a girl.
1 comment:
That is so exciting!!! I'm so happy for ya! Glad it wasn't just gas.... ;-)
Post a Comment