Monday, February 19, 2007

14 Weeks, 5 days

Okay, so I am a day late on this post, but yesterday was my birthday, so other matters kept me busy. :-) Otherwise, I must say that the baby bump is growing! We are going to a Mardi Gras party tomorrow night and today I tried on a dress I considered wearing, and there was just NO WAY it was going to fasten. Now, I shouldn't have thought it was going to fit, since it is a tight cut dress after all, but I at least thought it might zip up and fit uncomfortably. Fortunately, I have another dress made of both stretchy and flowing material that will work just fine.

In other news, if you can call it that, my "nesting instincts" are either really kicking in or having energy again is really kicking me into overdrive. There is so much to do before August! Saturday, Fred and I finally found and bought the dining room set that I've been looking for since October. I am SOOO excited about it!! Now I can fill the hutch with all of the wedding gifts that are still in boxes in the baby's room (and that I picked up today from my parent's house). I love the pics of our new furniture, but you can see how wide I am getting!

While we were waiting for the delivery truck yesterday, Fred and I enjoyed the beautiful day by ripping plants, that are actually plants but grow like weeds, out of about a 1/4 to 1/3 of the front flower beds. The list of things that I want to do is about a mile long; poor Fred. At least this also means the return of my eagerness to cook a meal, so he will be well fed.

While we were "nesting" here in Houston, Mom and Helen went to NYC. Even though I couldn't go with them, they brought me back all kinds of fun stuff, including my first baby stuff from the M&M store and my first maternity clothes! They spent more than I would have (I think?) and got some really cute stuff. Some of it I could actually wear now and no one would think it is maternity, that is, of course, except for the ever-growing bump in my middle.

I have my next Dr's appointment on Thursday, so I will let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! you have no idea how exciting it was to get u that stuff.

and yes, i did pick out that adorable white shirt. it looked like you.

and we couldnt resist the baby stuff at the m&m store.

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Your "nesting comments" were cracking me up! LOL! And you don't look "wide" - you look cute!

Can't wait for red beans and rice on the table on Thursday! WHOOP!

:-) V