
First of all, Happy Easter! We are pretty exhausted from all of our Easter happenings, but I wanted to make sure I got my pictures up! The belly sure is getting bigger. The last three weeks I have really just POPPED out!
I finally got myself into a maternity clothing store and actually found some affordable things that I like. Motherhood actually had stuff at decent prices, so I bought some stuff for going out and for going to work. Jill and her friend Elena were with me and helped by bringing me stuff to try on. Jill brought me a simple green shirt - turns out it was a nursing shirt! Whoa - it had some easy access holes for baby's dinner! I
decided I don't really need one of those till baby gets here, so we put that one back ;-).In other big news, our baby has finally broken the one-pound mark! It is hard to believe I've gained so much weight and the baby is only 1 lb! This week, our baby is developing the sense of touch. In fact, his grip is quite developed by now — and since there's nothing else to grab in utero, he may sometimes hold on tight to that umbilical cord (don't worry — it's tough enough to handle it). The sense of sight is also getting more developed. The baby can now perceive light and dark much better than before (even with those fused eyelids). Moving up from the eyes, the eyelashes and eyebrows are well formed now — and even more hair is sprouting atop that cute little head. His hair doesn't have any pigment yet and is bright white, but somehow I don't think we will have any blond-headed children ;-).
1 comment:
I just BUSTED out laughing over the nursing shirt and your description of the dinner holes - LOL! I love it! You're looking great though and seem to be pretty healthy too! :-)
Post a Comment