
So I officially think I will be as big as a cow before this is all over. I saw a neighbor yesterday that wanted to know how much longer I had - when I said four-and-a-half months, she said, "oh, you still have a while." Does this mean that I am growing super fast, or what? I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact that I was wearing a size small, non-maternity shirt, which I'm sure I looked like I was about to pop out of. All the same, I actually enjoy having a pregnant belly to show off :-). Just for reference, to the right I've posted my 11-week picture. I think I'm even wearing the same pants; gotta love stretchy jeans!Long ago in the days of Laura Ingalls Wilder, or rather the days when I read books by Laura Ingalls Wilder (over and over again), I read about the slaughter of a pig, and how the children filled the pig's bladder with air and used it as a ball. Apparently that is the origin of the air-filled balls of today.
It seems that Baby Sanchez has also come up with the same idea concerning bladders and balls and now gets a great thrill out of kicking my bladder! I had heard of such things, but now I really understand. Generally, I can't feel Baby Sanchez kicking my stomach or my intestines, but when he kicks my bladder, I get a sudden and immediate urge to find a restroom. Not only is it fun to kick, but it must also be a pleasant place to rest. I make the potty run only to release about as much as a hamster could manage - every half hour until Baby Sanchez decides to flip over and kick something else. The whole thing is enough to make me want to stand on my head and let gravity pull the baby away from my bladder. Somehow, I don't think my doctor would approve of such gymnastics...
It seems that Baby Sanchez has also come up with the same idea concerning bladders and balls and now gets a great thrill out of kicking my bladder! I had heard of such things, but now I really understand. Generally, I can't feel Baby Sanchez kicking my stomach or my intestines, but when he kicks my bladder, I get a sudden and immediate urge to find a restroom. Not only is it fun to kick, but it must also be a pleasant place to rest. I make the potty run only to release about as much as a hamster could manage - every half hour until Baby Sanchez decides to flip over and kick something else. The whole thing is enough to make me want to stand on my head and let gravity pull the baby away from my bladder. Somehow, I don't think my doctor would approve of such gymnastics... The coolest thing about his kicks, when more comfortably directed, is that now I can actually SEE them from the outside! A good martial arts kick from the inside now creates a little ripple on my belly that looks a lot like a muscle spasm. It is pretty amazing to see our baby move. There are still quite a few things to get done before the baby comes, but I am really looking forward to holding our little buddle in my arms :-).
2 comments:
Wow - I love the pics side by side, you can really see a difference! Must be so fun!
every time i think about ya'll & the baby, i get all happy and excited. YAY!
Post a Comment