Monday, July 23, 2007

Dropped?

36 Weeks, 6 Days
Apologies first for being late with my post! We got home last night around 7:30 after a wonderful shower with Fred’s whole Texas family that his sister Fiona threw for us. Of course, after leaving Miss Maddie to herself all day, we gave her some loving and then took her for a nice walk before getting down to the business of organizing the nursery. Of course, by the time we’d moved the furniture around, unloaded all kinds of cute baby goodies out of packages, and marveled at the tiny-ness of it all, it was 10:30, and I still needed a shower! So thus I did not get around to posting. But here is my pic - I have received a few comments that the baby has "dropped" in the last few days. What do you think?

This week was sad, with Rene Horvath’s Rosary Monday night and funeral on Tuesday. He was a great friend of my family since shortly after he fled to the US from communist Hungary in the late 50s. He and his wife of 30 years married later in life, never had any children, and not much other family (none in Houston). Even with my big, extended family, its enough to make having 6 kids of my own sound like a wonderful idea.
Fred and I watched Knocked Up a few weeks ago and I related to many parts of the movie, even though it wasn't all that great of a flick. At one point the pregnant main character is sitting on the curb with her legs spread wide. I wondered why they'd shown her that way because even when it isn't totally comfortable I try to keep my legs crossed, or at least together! Then I saw the pictures from the baby shower my coworkers threw me...
So much for being prim and proper!
Since we are really nearing the end, and the time of waiting has begun, I am now visiting the doctor every week. This past week they did another blood test. Good news! My platelet count came back about 20 points higher than last time, so no worries there. The doctor said though that my fundal height was measuring the same as the week before so she ordered an ultrasound to check the baby's size and my amniotic fluid. Most likely, however, as I mentioned earlier, the baby is just dropping low in my pelvis, making it hard to measure my uterus as she gets ready to come into the world!
Baby has to hang tight for at least another week, though. There is too much left to be done! But I hope she doesn't hang too tight - like until the end of August!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Haha - I love your comment about Knocked Up, and then the picture that contradicts your thoughts on her sitting on the curb! No worries, you look great and I wouldn't have even noticed had you not pointed it out!! And I agree with the "baby has dropped" statement! So excited!

Anonymous said...

Just thought you'd like to know how great you are looking. I guess I never really believed that "glow" thing they say mothers-to-be do until I saw pictures of you from Caroline. You seem to have an ora around you in every picture I see. Congrats to both of you!