35 Weeks, 5 Days Time is just flying by as we continue to get ready for Baby Sanchez's arrival. Today my sisters and my aunts hosted a shower for me that consisted of mostly family. I had a wonderful time, and so generous to put it together! We received so many thoughtful gifts, ranging from the must haves to the nice to haves - actually everything is a nice to have when you have not much of anything!
While I am excited about all of it, and have been busy in the baby's room all evening, I think the gift I am the most excited about, because it brings back so many memories, is Tomie dePaola's Mother Goose. Elizabeth and her mom bought it for me, even though Elizabeth says she doesn't remember the beautiful stories written and illustrated by Tomie dePaola, but I certainly do! He is the creator of Strega Nona!The gift that gave me the most warm fuzzies was originally a gift from my Grandmother to my Mother, for me. Its a beautiful christening blanket with matching socks and a handkerchief bonnet that my "Mom" made for me. It is so beautiful and I don't ever recall having seen it before!
Yesterday was a little exhausting, but fun, as CECO had their annual "picnic" that this year went to Jillian's. Because I was on the planning committee, I ended up doing a lot of working, taking pics, etc, but still got to have a lot of fun. I even did some bowling, much to my mother's concern! Being 8 months pregnant isn't keeping me back from much!Not much else to comment on, except that Baby Sanchez is still tumbling around in there like a little monkey, so they will check on his position at my next appointment on Thursday. They'll also do blood work then, so we'll know a little more about what my platelets are doing :-P.
1 comment:
I LOVE the pic of you and your sister at the bowling alley - too cute!! You guys must be so excited, and p.s. I am such a fan of Strega Nona!
Post a Comment