Sunday, July 1, 2007

STRETCH!

33 Weeks, 5 Days

I don't know what is up with my belly in this week's picture - it looks more square than round! That is probably because Baby Sanchez is into stretching out and doesn't have enough room to do so freely these days. In all honesty, I kind of wish he'd cut it out; it isn't really comfortable! Most of the time, his hiccups indicate that he's about ready to come into the world with his head down, but earlier this week he flipped transverse - laying lengthwise in my belly. Instead of leaving his little feet kicking harmlessly out at the world on my side, he was kicking my insides! Yowch! Now that his feet are back where they should be, it is fun to watch my belly move. When he moves his little feet my belly looks like a blanket with a mouse (or something) running around underneath it.
In other excitement this week (well besides the fun of the doctor's office) Fred and I picked up our new stroller and car seat - Thanks Aunt Paula & Uncle Buddy for the gift! Fred put it all together by himself and did a great job. I practiced swaddling and wrapped up Baby Panda Sanchez and put him into the carrier. We even tested it out in both of our cars to make sure it fits well. It is a squeeze in the Mustang, but will have to do until the Accord is paid off.
Miss Maddie was quite interested in what on earth we were doing! Then I played the sound of a baby crying and put the speaker behind the wrapped panda bear. Miss Maddie seemed very concerned, but eventually got frustrated and started barking. Her barking probably won't help so much with an already crying baby, but at least the baby can hear her barking now, so at least he'll be used to it by the time he gets here!

Thursday I added a registry at Pottery Barn Kids. I picked some items on Sale for baby's bedding and as I was leaving asked how long the sale was going on - ha turns out it is clearance (apparently there is a "fall line" in baby bedding!?!) and everything I registered for may not even be there for much longer. While I could redo it, at least if anyone shops soon, they'll get any of that stuff at a great bargain! We'll just have to see what happens - I'll keep my eye on it and swing by the store in the Galleria to see what is still there next week.

1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Can you please have a "chat" with Baby Sanchez before I see you guys for dinner on Thurs night so I can see this whole moving around thing in action??? The concept of seeing he/she move around from the outside is kinda cool and I'd like to witness!

You look great...and I don't see the "square-ness." Hmmmmmm.