Sunday, September 9, 2007

Two Weeks!

So our precious baby girl is two weeks old today! She is growing so fast! I'm not crazy about the nighttime demands she has, but she's so sweet right now - I wish I could just hit pause and enjoy it longer.

Thursday we visited my grandmother, "Mom," at the nursing home. Don't worry, we were careful to avoid germs :-). We took a picture of the four generations of Christian women, and stayed with Mom until she finished her lunch. She isn't very responsive these days, but we were all enjoying a laugh (I'm not even sure about what) and Mom joined in with a chuckle. When I introduced the baby as Mary Charlotte, Mom's eyes got really big (her name is Mary Elizabeth).

Aunt Paula has been in town this week, and we've loved spending time with her, too. She bought Charlotte several cute outfits and made us shrimp creole for dinner. YUM! Aunt Fiona her fiance Todd brought us dinner on Friday night, and we spent Saturday with Fred's parents. Sorry, no pictures of those visits (pics from Paula later)!

Our little girl is not a very sleepy newborn. She always amazes me because she'll be wide awake for hours at a time. Usually she won't let me put her down, but as long as I am holding her, she doesn't cry. This is all fun until she wakes up just after 11 PM and doesn't go back to sleep until 4:30 AM. Luckily, we haven't had too many nights like that.

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Great family pic! And a very sweet story too. And the sleeping schedule will get better - hang in there and call ANYTIME you need a babysitter on short notice...I'm just down the street! ;-) Vicki

Elizabeth said...

hoping to have a better night tonight (bouncing on yoga ball & typing one handed, but i thinh she's out) I'll take you up on babysitting when she is no longer continually attached to my breasts!