Thursday, October 2, 2008

"No"

Yes, that is Charlotte's newest word! Wonderful, huh? Apparently she fully understands the concept, but also just likes to say no to everything. The other day while at Beta's house, Charlotte held a gold fish cracker out to Maddie and then said "No" and took it back. Yesterday morning, I asked her if she wanted a bite of banana. She eagerly toddler-ran across the room, stopped a couple of feet away from me, said "no!" and toddler-ran away again.

Silly girl.
Her vocabulary grows by leaps and bounds as she tries to repeat just about everything I say. There are at least 12-15 words that she uses consistently now, and lots more that I'm not sure if she's just trying to repeat whatever word I've just said, or if she really understands what I'm offering (this morning it was a "(s)nack").

All in all, I've missed the blogger world! Our power came back on late on September 21st, but we went to Hershey, PA early on the 22nd, and I came back to a mountain of work. Between watching (chasing) Charlotte and working insane long hours late into the night, I'm zonked!

Here is a cute photo from our trip, though. I'll have to tell you about it in another post when I'm all caught up.

No comments: