Miss Monkey began coughing a little at the end of last week, and woke up from her nap on Saturday (yes, JUST before Fred's big 3-0 party) with a fever. Yesterday morning her head felt cool and she appeared to be breathing a little more clearly. Hurray! My enthusiasm was short lived as she woke up from her morning nap coughing (after sleeping for a whole 30 minutes) and wheezing. When her breathing didn't get better, we ran over to see the doctor. Not only does the Bug have Bronchiolitis, she also an ear infection. Fortunately, we still have our nebulizer from last time and did not need to sit around to take care of all of that paperwork. Unfortunately, she doesn't sit still through the 5 minute process as 12 week-old Charlotte did. A "Moo-gee" (movie), however, seems to help keep her still.
Charlotte enduring breathing treatments at 12 weeks old:

On the plus side, Charlotte was good throughout the whole thing and generated comments from the doctor about how smart she is for 15 months (well, duh!). The CVS store manager thought she was cute and gave her a free "Baby Bottle Pop" to suck on while we waited for her meds.
At least I'm back in the blogging world again! I've missed it. I don't know if I can ever get caught up, and hope I haven't lost my faithful readers!
2 comments:
You TOTALLY haven't lost me as a reader, girl! I love your blog! I'm actually behind on my own blogging...so I better hop to it!
Sorry you guys are sick though...it stinks. More than half of the people at Gobblerfest this past wknd are sick now as well - not sure what the heck is going on in this town right now.
Anyway...here's hoping you ladies have a speedy recovery!
Hop Hop!
Glad you still follow us!
Post a Comment