Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas

Getting started with my Christmas shopping two weeks into December has really taken a toll on my efficiency; I have had to hit at least 2-3 stores to find every item (so far) on my list this year! I can't say what I drove around town looking for, but rest assured, it's not on any "hot" Christmas gift lists. Spending all of my shopping time in a car made it hard to get into good swing of things this year.

But, something happened today that made me SO EXCITED about Christmas; I found the outdoor play set that I want to buy Charlotte. With all of the things that kept us from starting Christmas planning with everyone else the day after Thanksgiving, I am lucky that I found it at all! I had visions of me, driving around town like a mad woman, looking for this 8-in-1 climber. Just on a whim, I checked Craigslist (I know, USED presents are a no-no, but does that really apply to piece of play equipment?), as I have occasionally for the last few weeks, looking for a good deal. Generally, I see an ad for something (but NEVER this climber) I want that was placed the day before, and an email to the seller generates no response. Imagine my surprise when today, I saw this climber posted only 15 minutes before I checked the page. When the woman called me back half an hour later, she mentioned that I had responded first, so I get first dibs. I feel like such a winner! Now I get the backyard toy I want at a price I love without the extra hassels!

Finding something that I know Charlotte will love really put me into the Christmas spirit. I feel like I get to relive the youthful excitement surrounding Christmas all over again as I watch through her eyes.

3 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

used Christmas gifts when it comes to a toddler...totally NOT a no-no! You do what you have to do. They will eventually out grow it so if you can save a little money, I'm all for that! Plus, I LOVE craigslist! I am all about a good deal!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Amanda (Annabelle's mom). I met you at the Girotto wedding in May.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi! I recently started following your blog again. :)

That is so exciting about finding exactly what you want on Craigslist. I have found a few things on Craigslist in the past. I know Charlotte is going to love it. We have thought about getting a toddler playset for Annabelle. Those things go fast on Craigslist.

~Amanda
www.themomcrowd.com
www.teamespinoza.com

Elizabeth said...

Oh good! I am so glad I'm not the only one who gets excited about used Christmas presents!

We picked it up Saturday and put it together. It is a tad faded, but not noticeably when put together.

Craigslist rocks, because I always walk away feeling I got the best bang for my buck.

Merry Christmas!