Last night, after going through the normal routine peacefully, I cut off the light to rock her for a moment before laying her down, and Charlotte started to whine, crying for another book, then for mewk (milk), then for MOOgee (movie) then for Kik-kie/KK (Aunt Christy, who was over), and finally, for DadDEE (Daddy). Each time I said, "No, sweetheart, it is bedtime," her protest cries grew more insistent. Finally, I handed her off for Fred to put down and she cried herself to sleep.
I hate resorting to tears when she normally goes to bed effortlessly (or with a little extra snuggle) and hope this pattern doesn't continue. We're all sick here (yes AGAIN!), and she hasn't been napping more than an hour a day, so I'm fairly certain she's just overtired and can't handle bedtime. If she doesn't nap well today, I'm pulling for an earlier bedtime tonight.
But really, how can you be upset with this face?
No comments:
Post a Comment