New Rule: coloring ONLY at the kitchen table under adult supervision. We used to color on the floor next to the computer (so Mommy could get a few minutes of work done) or at the coffee table. These methods worked well, except for the crayons that seemed to roll into funny places for Charlotte to find later and graffiti my walls!
While I was cooking dinner the other evening, I looked over to see Charlotte coloring on the hallway door. After a scolding and time out (her response was a blank stare of disinterest) I realized she'd marked up the whole hallway! Two minutes out of my sight = 30 minutes of scrubbing the walls.
So, crayons now stay where I can clearly see them.
2 comments:
They'll find other ways. My oldest niece wrote her first "T" for Taylor, on the wall in poop one morning. It's funny hearing about it cause I didn't have to clean it up. :)
I hear ya! We don't color often, because I have to be right there with my little one. We have a hallway decorated too!
Post a Comment