Sunday, June 28, 2009

13 weeks (& 0 days)

So, for the sake of being fair to both of my children, I've decided, against my better judgment, to keep with my tradition of belly pics.

Actually, my friend Wendy mentioned on her blog that she made a Lifebook about her son's adoption, and while her book serves a different purpose, it reminded me of the never completed blog-to-book project chronicling my pregnancy and Charlotte's birth I started, oh, 21 months ago. It just turned out to be a lot more editing than I was interested in doing - finding different layouts for 78 different pages of various amounts of imported text and pictures called for more work than I wanted.

I think that if I can create a book, this time starting from scratch (although maybe using my blog for a guide), for Charlotte about my pregnancy then and her first year of life, it might make it easier for her to accept the Little Bug - both as my belly grows and as he begins vying for my attention when he gets here. She might like to see how we got the nursery ready for her as we are getting it ready for Little Bug, how we used to swaddle her up when she was really tiny, or how I carried her around in a sling.

So, there is the long explination on why I have to do belly pics again - if I make a book for Charlotte, then I am going to have to make a book for Little Bug too!

Unfortunately, I did NOT take any pictures before my belly began to explode like crazy. It's funny how with Charlotte I kept eagerly looking for my body to give any sign of pregnancy, and this time, poof! pregnant belly. I'm not even sure when it happened, although I DO know that there was something of a tiny bump already at 8 weeks. Perhaps, this time, I am just not paying attention because I now KNOW how big the bump will get, and I am just going to enjoy not being huge in this feels-like-108 weather.

I'm not sure that this is where we'll continue to take pictures - we didn't have the time or energy tonight to worry about the lighting, angles, etc.

Also for comparison, here is the picture from 13 weeks, 5 days with Charlotte:


















The good news is that I haven't broken out any of my maternity clothes yet. Those will probably need to be washed after sitting in the garage for 22 months...

No comments: