Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Second Time Around

The second time around, the weeks are flying by. I'm 12 weeks along already and can hardly believe it.

Except for the part where I look more pregnant this time than I did at 16-18 weeks with Charlotte.

Somehow, the first time, by the time swimsuit season came along, I managed as a pregnant woman in bikini, or in a maternity tankini for more public appearances. Right now, I look like someone who really shouldn't think she looks good in a bikini or completely swamped in my maternity suit. I guess I need a tankini.

Last pregnancy, I did everything I could to show off my slow-to-appear "baby bump;" this pregnancy, I try to stick to clothes that camouflage the thickness of my waist.

I have to pee all of the freaking time; why do I not remember this happening in the first trimester with MC?

Or could it be that Houston is SO FREAKING HOT that I am downing a zillion glasses of water each day. That doesn't help, anyway.

I don't know how people with young babies manage the first trimester. The other day Charlotte went to bed late, woke up early, and wouldn't nap. I thought I was going to die from exhaustion from ONE day off of her good sleeping habits.

Am I really feeling the baby move already, or am I crazy? I keep thinking that I MUST be crazy, but then I feel that little tickle again and am not so sure.

I totally forgot about the crazy, vivid dreams

...and that my arms are more likely to go numb while sleeping,

...and that I would wake up at 2 am to use the potty and stay awake thinking about everything and nothing until 3.

Mostly, this pregnancy has been much like the first. I have fewer food aversions, but more foods make me feel ill after actually consuming them. Caffeine seems to hit me harder when I do treat myself to it (explaining why I am up at this ungodly hour typing a blog when I should be sleeping).

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

LOL! I love how "11:24 PM" is an ungodly hour for you! Oh man...

Glad to hear things are going well! Have you abandoned the idea of the weekly blog tummy pics? I kinda liked those, E!

Elizabeth said...

In my defense, 11:24 is the time I started writing the blog, not the time I finished it.

But yes, I admit, it is sad. I need my sleep!

Maybe I'll pick back up on the weekly tummy pics - I just got a little "bump" so fast that I don't have a good "before" to start from!