Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday "would be Better"

One of Charlotte's sayings when we are talking about alternatives between ABC and XYZ is XYZ "would be better."

So for me, Tuesday would be better.  Definitely.

MC and I knocked out the rest of my last minute Holiday shopping (which of course, has been rendered null and void as I had to add something minor back to the list after a Charlotte-related mishap this afternoon) this morning, took my virus-ridden, blue screen computer to the IS department at work (okay, a bad note), had lunch with Helen and Ernest, and wrapped everything left to wrap.  The only thing left for tomorrow is baking!  Yay!

-----

I'm not brave enough to let MC out of the house without a pull-up or diaper on, but she's getting better about going on the potty when home.  She loves to wear her panties but generally needs reminding to go sit on the potty on a regular basis (unless she wants to get out of sitting at the dinner table).  I can always tell when she's had an accident because she comes running in to me saying, "You not sad. You not sad, Mommy."  Ummm, why am I not sad, exactly, Charlotte?

Tonight she was playing nearby while I wrapped a Christmas that the UPS man had just delivered.  I said, "Charlotte, do you need to go potty?" Of course the answer was, "No."  To which I had to reply, "Charlotte, you didn't go earlier, I think you need to go to the potty." 

She scampered off quickly while I finished taping the edge I was working on and hoisted my big round body off the floor.  Charlotte came running to meet me halfway to the bathroom saying, "Mommy, I tinkled!"  Her panties were obviously soaking wet, but she still seemed so excited.  I checked the potty.  Yup, tinkle in the potty.  

"Good job for tinkling in the potty, Charlotte!  Next time, though, let's remember to pull your panties down, okay?"

3 comments:

erin said...

now that my dear is funny! make sure to jot this one down in her baby book to tell her future husband!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

that is hilarious! At least she tried though. gotta give her props for that! My two year old wants nothing to do with the potty. He thinks it's the worst thing in the world. So I'm taking that as a sign he's just not ready yet! :)

Elizabeth said...

Hey, if I don't have to clean it up off of the floor and a pair of panties is the only casualty, I'm pretty happy :-).

I can't help but think getting really good at this right before the baby comes is just setting us up for a setback in January, though.