It seems that the last couple of months have found me in a minor slump. The kind of slump that you really only see when you look backwards. The kind that you have power over once you acknowledge it exists.
I have just been tired and simply slipped into survival mode - only doing what must be done to get by.
I could list all of the things that I've found trying and tiring the last couple of months, but then I might sound like someone who doesn't appreciate all of good things God has given me. And perhaps, by being so tired I still haven't appreciated them enough. But finally, I am tired of being tired. Time to get over it and get on with life and enjoy the little things.
I am trying to remember how I used to find amusing all of the crazy things that my kids do. At least if I share the worst of the moments on a blog, someone will find them amusing, even if I don't, and maybe someday I'll look back at these posts and think, "Oh, that was such an awful day; I'd totally forgotten it!"

So, what have we been up to this summer?
- A trip to Monterrey Bay and San Francisco for
me and Fred. - Visiting the beach.
- Frederick's first days at Mother's Day Out.
- Driving to Virginia and back for a family reunion.
- Swimming with family.
- Swimming with friends.
- Making s'mores and tent camping in the back yard (until 9 pm anyway - ha!).
- A girls weekend and bachelorette party for my friend Vicki in Austin.
- Vicki and Paul's beautiful wedding.
- Preparing to be Charlotte's co-teacher this fall. (yipes! glad it is only PK.)
- Party planning for Charlotte's 4th birthday party.
- A new obsession with Pinterest.
Lately I have been trying to tackle a lot of things around the house. It turns out things get a little shabby when you are simply on survival mode. Or, maybe that is just the two kids party. More than likely, a little of both. I've been dreaming up schemes for our house that won't cost much money and busy doing things that don't cost any, like adding photographs to unused frames and adding them to the wall and using the steamvac on the master bedroom carpet.
Of course, the latter was spurred by another incident. The kind of incident that might happen when your slightly sick 19 month old removes his diaper while you are busy drying your hair and putting on makeup. This might not be so bad if it he wasn't feeling a little sick to his tummy and if it hadn't also involved a library book. At least now our carpet looks almost new. See the fun things you have been missing out on since I haven't been blogging? Maybe you wish I hadn't decided to start back up again. :-P
And I will close here, and let you know that there are so many things on my blogger list that I have yet to share. And soon you will know them. Like it or not.
2 comments:
Glad you're back to blogging!
Me too! Although the Unicorns post was good enough to read over and over and over again each time I'd check to see if you'd posted anything new. On a side note...it's totally OK to be in survival mode. You have two young kids (one in diapers...although not for much longer!), a job, a husband with a job AND a full time MBA program!). You're doing remarkably well, my friend. You still find ways to appreciate your blessings and that's the important part. We need to get together and go to the Petrol Station! :-)
Post a Comment