32 Weeks, 5 DaysThe nursery is by no means done, but Fred and I put together the crib on Monday
(okay, mostly Fred, since I was having a lot of braxton-hicks contractions and trying relax to get them to stop) . It feels great to at least have that done. We don't have any bedding or anything for it yet; since we are being blessed with baby showers in July, I will see what we still need after that. Everything is going to be a pretty sage green though, to accomodate a boy or a girl :-).
In other exciting developments, I got my first kick in the ribs! Mostly the baby keeps his little feet way off to my side, where I periodically see a little lump emerge from my mostly round belly. A couple of days ago, he must have shifted position for a minute, because I definitely felt it in my ribs. (Ha, its like he must know I'm writing about him, because right now I'm getting a little flurry of activity!) This kid has long legs!
I've read that the first trimester is much like the third, with the second being a nice break in between and now I know why! The major difference is everything smells normal and I'm not nearly so nauseated. I am back to eating about the same amount as before though, because my tummy does get upset when I try to fill it too full - there just isn't enough space in there for digesting food! The weight gain seems to have slowed to about 1/2 a lb a week, if that. Thank goodness, or I would have gained 50 lbs by the time this was all over! Mostly I am just tired again, almost the same as the first trimester. I am usually zonked by 10 pm, sleep as long as I possibly can, and take a nap whenever possible :-). Lately, at bedtime, Fred pulls out his hymns and sings to my belly, which seems to have the effect of waking the baby up and putting me right to sleep...which is where I'm headed right now!
4 comments:
Crib looks great and so do you Ma'am! :-)
And that's TOO CUTE that Fred sings to Baby Sanchez! How sweet! You should record it and throw it up on the blog. :-)
haha, maybe I will. Fred has a great voice. I'm not allowed to sing though, because whenever I do Miss Maddie comes running - I must sound like something is seriously wrong with me!
Or maybe your voice just sounds more melodious? haha... I bet feeling the baby underneath your ribs is really bizarre - does it hurt or is it just a lot of uncomfortable pressure?
Ha! Baby did a flip on Monday and was laying sideways and kicking my insides - I'll take a kick in the ribs over that any day! Baby still doesn't get into the ribs often.
Post a Comment