Monday, June 18, 2007

Childbirth Class

I actually enjoyed the class at the Motherhood Center, but I just wanted to share one story about it.



Elizabeth will occasionally watch videos on the internet of women giving birth. She will call me to take a look at the computer and say, "See, this is the miracle of life." Shortly after that, I run out of the room and scream like a little girl. Those of you that read this blog will remember that I think videos of babies coming into this world as reverse snuff films.



Well, one of the videos we had to watch in our childbirth class was a woman giving birth. Looking at the milky, white head crowing out of its mother was enough to make me queasy. Even the lady giving birth to this baby said in disbelief, "That doesn't look like a baby!" It really didn't look like a kid until it was laid in its mothers arms. I give mad props to women who give their bodies to these little creatures.



After the video was over, we took a break from the class. I looked over to a guy sitting next to me and said, "Man, that's video was interesting." His reply , "Well, that's one word for it." made me feel better that I wasn't the only one disturbed by watching the video.



I don't think I'll feel that way when Baby Sanchez is born because he/she is my kid and it'll be one of the happiest days of my life.

1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Fred, you're hilarious! And you're right - you'll look like a pro on Baby Sanchez's birth day! :-)