So I also decided that the next time I’m pregnant (whenever that may be), I will be done traveling by the time I reach the third trimester. While I consider myself a pretty happy pregnant person (its funny because I really think there is some kind of chemical happiness feeling I get a lot that I can’t really describe), 3rd trimester traveling takes a little adjusting.Things I’ve learned:
By the 3rd trimester I’m really tired of watching everyone else drink margaritas.
Airplanes can get hot and stuffy during takeoff and landing, not fun when I’ve given up much of my lung capacity to make room for a growing baby.
Pregnant women are not allowed to get on jet skis, go horseback riding on the beach, go scuba diving, or much else beyond relax on a lounge chair and drink virgin daiquiris.In the summer in Mexico, it is too hot to do anything between the hours of 10:30 and 4 pm.
By the time it is cool enough to go out and see the town, there is a good chance I’ll already be thinking about dinner and bedtime.
Beaches only accessible by stairs consisting of 166 steps (give or take) should be avoided (same thing about the lungs!).
Public restrooms are not designed with pregnant women in mind.

The above includes airplane lavatories.
Don’t go deep sea fishing. Don't even try.
Let Fred go out and play even when I can’t.
There isn’t a good way to sunbathe without a lounge chair with a big hole in the middle for my belly. Unfortunately, I don’t think those have been invented.
A massage is a very, very good idea.
Water, water, water, water.
Ice cream every day (its vacation, people!)
I love the Mexican people, who all seem to think I’m only 4 or 5 months along instead of almost 7 (therefore can't look like a complete cow!), and that we are having a boy.

1 comment:
Too cute, Elizabeth! :-) All smiles for you and your Mexico pics... it is so exciting to see your belly grow!
Post a Comment