So on Wednesday at work one of the guys who works for another division, but on my floor, walked out of his office and looked at me and said, "You're Pregnant!" with a look of shock on his face. I guess I have gotten a lot bigger since I last worked with him, about a month ago, seeing that he didn't notice I was pregnant then. It seems that the sudden blooming of my belly has everyone's attention these days (but still no stretch marks!). Even the PA at my doctor's office commented on how much bigger I've gotten, and I saw her two weeks ago.
So everything was pretty good at the Dr. today, noting that my platelet count was on the low end of normal so they are going to run another blood test at 36 weeks. If my numbers come back lower (platelet levels drop towards the end of pregnancy anyway) I could have Thrombocytopenia, which is just a scary name for reduced platelets. This would just mean they would have to induce and take the baby early. My base platelet count wasn't very high in December, meaning my count hasn't dropped too drastically, and chances are this is just what is normal for me.
But all of the talk today of inducing me (IE: low platelets or impending hurricane near my due date), exercising regularly to be prepared for labor, and of finding a pediatrician gave me a mini panic attack! This baby is really coming and going to be here before we know it! We have a childbirth class tomorrow, so hopefully that will help with my new found nerves about labor (why wasn't I nervous about it before today?!). Still anxious about finding a pediatrician that I like, on our plan, and nearby.
Anything else I should worry about!? I guess parents always worry, and so it begins now... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment