Monday, June 11, 2007

Just an Update

Sorry for the brief post last night, but we didn’t get in until 10, and I was t-i-r-e-d! Excuses, Excuses, I know!

We are just about to the 31 week mark – just 9 weeks left until I start going a little crazier each day if the baby isn’t here yet! In fact, I might start getting a little crazier each day from here on out. This baby is growing so fast! It is funny because I not only know the baby is growing fast because my belly keeps growing by leaps and bounds, but also because the baby feels so much bigger. I can now feel our baby’s little bottom just under my ribcage, and his little kicking feet and legs all the way off to my right side. That probably explains why breathing isn’t getting any easier.

I keep having crazy dreams about this baby. Sometimes we have a baby boy, and sometimes a baby girl. Last night I dreamed that a Dr. I know, PhD and NOT MD, was feeling my belly and telling me that the baby is breach and we’d have to have a c-section to pull her out. “Don’t we have 9 more weeks to wait for her to flip over?” and “Where is MY doctor!?” were my panicked responses. A few nights ago I dreamed that our beautiful baby boy had finally arrived, but couldn’t find any clothes for him to wear, not even a diaper! I was running around my parents’ house with a naked baby and could only find toddler clothes that were too big for a newborn and ended up swaddling him in a bandana, but not until after he’d made a mess on the carpet (which was green in the dream, for those of you who remember the colored carpet my parents used to have).

All in all, I really just can’t wait for this little baby to get here! It’s funny how the first trimester our baby was an abstract little being, a blob on the ultrasound screen that made me smile, and now seems to have his or her own fiery personality already, squirming, kicking, stretching, and flipping in my belly. We are just crazy in love with this little bean – now we just want to meet him!

No comments: