
I knew the belly was growing out of control when I:
- stopped wearing shoes with ties or buckles
- started asking Fred to give me a little push out of bed
…or off the couch
…or a pull out of a chair. That is, of course, until we bought the exercise ball - good for those core muscles and I just roll right off!
- used my Bella Band for the first time in months so no one would see my belly poking out from under a maternity shirt that no longer fits.
- started seeking out the handicap stalls in public restrooms: they are bigger, have hand rails for support, and seats that are higher off the ground.
- had to move the hymnal from the pew back in front of me at Mass so I could kneel.
- modified to a “sit-kneel” position at Mass because my belly hits the pew in front of me before my knees hit the kneeler.
- could no longer take advantage of my ability to park my car in extra small spaces that everyone else avoids because I can’t get out of the car once parked.
- tried to squeeze sideways through a crowd only to have my belly bump into every person I passed.
- could no longer eat a full meal without feeling like I just left Thanksgiving dinner.
- was lifting myself out of my desk chair at work and the arm rest broke off and flew across the room under the strain of my body weight.
- had to start using a mirror to check for stretch marks on the underside of my belly.
- stopped painting my own toenails.
- lost my balance and fell over backwards while digging through a bottom cabinet (sprawled on the floor, I almost died laughing – my Mom and Fred looked a little more concerned!).
3 comments:
Oh my gosh I just laughed SO HARD at your posting. LOL!!! I don't even know which one I like the most b/c they're ALL hilarious!!!
Thanks for the laughs. You look fabulous...so don't think twice about it! ;-)
* Vicki *
Imagining you trying to squeeze out of your car, breaking the arm rest on your chair, and having to be pushed out of bed is hysterical! You should take videos of this stuff!! :-)
Love,
Tasha
Haha, I consider it a treat when I get a push out of bed - you'd love to see the crab-type crawl I have to do to make the middle of the night potty run!
Post a Comment