Sunday, February 10, 2008

Take the Poll!

So, the news on Charlotte's hips helps me some - it puts off me having to make any kind of cloth diaper decision for at least 4 more weeks. Her brace fits too snuggly for a cloth diaper.

So, I created a poll, seen on the right. Please give me your opinion! Please leave a comment with any explanation you have to your reasoning, if you so desire.

Thanks!

5 comments:

David & Connie said...

David and I are sold on cloth diapers. We will definitely be using them in the future. I suggest speaking to Barrett & Jessica because they use cloth diapers [they're the ones who finally convinced David]. Also, there are "diaper parties" similar to tupperware parties where you can get more info, try stuff out, get discounts, build a network, etc. Again, ask Jessica about this. On another note, did you know that -disposable or cloth- our landfills are not designed to decompose human waste? Sold human waste needs to go down the toilet.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Connie, I already sent her a note :-)

Vicki J. Dooly said...

I think cloth diapers are a really great idea in concept - I'm just not sold yet since I haven't actually seen one in person in 15+ years. I'm all for doing stuff that is a) cheaper and b) good for the environment (despite my SUV!!!), but what do you do with dirty cloth diapers when you're away from home and out in public? Is there some sort of airtight container you put the soiled ones in?

Clearly, I'm going to have to do a LOT of research before I have children...haha!

I say go for it though, and then invite me over so I can witness the process and possibly try and sway Machelle into using them! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth!

I've been reading this blog off and on since you started it. I was planning to make something like this for my family and Greg's since we will be several thousand miles apart.

I've been on the cloth diaper wagon for a while now. I was planning on using prefolds with covers, woll in particular because based on what I have read, they are the easiest to clean and dry, which is an important consideration when you do not own a washer and dryer! If you are goping to start on them, I would reccomend getting some advice from cloth diaper communities online or buying a cloth starter kit. Lots of different sites sell them and they typically include either enough of one kind of diaper to get you through a day or two or a variety of different diapers to figure out what works for you and your baby. If you get into an online community, you can buy second hand diapers for cheap and try the different kinds that way.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Catherine, Thanks for the thoughts! I've come across some of the diaper swap groups, and while I think that a GREAT idea, I'd rather bite the bullet and buy new. :-) The forums are a GREAT place for asking questions though!