Valentine's day was great - Fred's parents watched Charlotte all day. We took a nap on the couch, went to movie, had dinner at Star Pizza (yumm!), and split a banana split at Amy's Ice Cream.
Sunday we had dinner with our friends Connie and David and their son Augustine. We are trying to spend more time with friends this year! Actually, when they mentioned that they were about to puchase tickets to Italy, Fred got so excited he decided that he wanted to go too. After I got over the initial shock of Fred wanting to go to Italy, we jumped into planning! I could just taste the gelato, smell the wine, and taste the fresher than fresh seafood that I'd eat while overlooking the Cinque Terre. But as we realized we'd end up using $$ instead of frequent flyer miles, add extra days of travel so Fred could see the places our friends have already visited, try to keep a 18 mo old happy with lots of travel, and other exepnses, the cost of a last minute European vacation started to add up. So, 24 hours after deciding to go, we decided to stay closer to home this year. I'm totally bummed, but feel good about the decision.
But the real thing lacking from my blog recently are the pictures from our trip to Baton Rouge. CECO opened a new facility in nearby Walker, and I found out last minute that I needed to go in place of my boss. Charlotte and my mom joined me, so the trip ended up being part work, part play. When we arrived on Sunday, we met my sisters Michele and Helen along with my cousin and his family for dinner. Charlotte had a great time!






Helen and Michele with Cousin Jennifer

Charlotte climbing on top of JP - cousins make good jungle gyms!

Look at that sweet innocent smile! Matthew is a cutie!

Charlotte and Aunt Michele had varying levels of fun:





No comments:
Post a Comment