I have photos and whatnot to post from our unexpected trip to Baton Rouge this week, but until I can get myself together on that, I just thought I'd share my newest "discipline" technique.
As many of you may already know, these days our sweet little girl turns into a puddle of whining, crying mush any time we don't jump to do exactly what she wants. She might want milk, a snack, cookie, rocks from on top the table, to go outside, or just for Mommy or Daddy to stop whatever one of us might be in the middle of doing (washing dishes, laundry, cooking). It was getting very old.
So now when Charlotte starts crying for some small frustration. I pick her up, give her a hug, and put her down in a "cry spot" against the wall. I say, "Charlotte, you can cry all you want, but you have to sit right here to cry."
So far, it works like a charm. She sits still and just looks at me quietly for a few moments. After a few more moments of not crying, I offer, "You can get up if you aren't going to cry anymore," so she usually does get up.
We'll see how long this trick works...
6 comments:
What a great idea! A crying corner!
i will have to remember this tactic when we have kids!
I love this! One of Jeremy's cousins did something similar once when I was around and I thought it was genius. I hope it keeps working for you!
haha, so funny! thanks for reminding me that babies and kids are cute, but parenting is forever!
my absolute favorite is when she throws herself to the grownd and cries. Like when screamed ad cried because she wanted to keys in my hand when i was leaving the other day haha! shes use to getting anything she wants from her aunts and uncles!
my absolute favorite is when she throws herself to the grownd and cries. Like when screamed ad cried because she wanted to keys in my hand when i was leaving the other day haha! shes use to getting anything she wants from her aunts and uncles!
that is adorable - LOL!
Post a Comment