Who invented the awful grocery carts with the attached plastic cars? WHY? To supposedly entertain my child while we are in the grocery store? Sure, maybe the FIRST time Charlotte rode around in "her" green car, she was thrilled the whole time, so I endured blocking aisles, getting in other shoppers' way, running into things the whole trip, and generally not moving in the intended straight line. Miss something I needed on aisle 3 and I'm totally debating if it's a must have so I wont' have to turn around.
Now, she's entertained for a whole five seconds, but if there is an empty car-cart, you can bet she'll insist that we use it, only to grow bored with it by the time I've run into each and every produce stand in the store. I realized as I finally maneuvered the monstrous cart into the narrow check out lane that the front two wheels did not touch the ground at all. That might just explain some my navigation problems. If I almost mowed you over today, or any shopping day, I'm sorry.
-----
Want to know how I know it's fall? The acorns (and pecans too!) have started falling from the trees in our backyard. This also means Charlotte has also started putting them in her mouth again. Oh joy of joys.
----
I am still grunting every time I bed over or squat down to pick something up or put something away. I still think, each and every time, that I should stop doing that!
----
My sister-in-law and her family rock, because they took Charlotte for an overnight this weekend. Charlotte had lots of fun, see?
I'm so thankful that Charlotte didn't mind spending the night out at all and that her cousins were so gracious to have her!
So what were we doing while MC was busy partying it up with her cousins? My 10 year HS reunion at El Patio. Good times!
Yes, I DO love that brown dress, just in case you haven't figured it out. I could use a few more in various colors...




2 comments:
Lookin' good and looks like y'all had a great time! My 10 year is this weekend!
my 10 year is coming up in October and i dont think i am going to be able to make it :(
i was cracking up about your grocery store cart story. i always wondered how moms manuvered those things! i have also wondered about the cleanliness of them as well. i feel like i would want to spray them down with lysol.
i miss those itty bitty kid size gorcery carts!
Post a Comment