No fun pictures to post today. I haven't been as good about pulling out my camera as I should be, I guess. Just some random fun for your day.
----
Aunt Chrissy (I still call her Aunt KK, but MC seems to have almost caught on to her real name) was in town this weekend, and we joined her and her hubby at her in-laws house to watch the LSU football game. I took a few toys to keep MC entertained, one of them being a magnadoodle and Christy drew a shape and asked MC what shape it was. MC's response? OVAL! It was definitely an oval, but not the answer Aunt KK was looking for; she thought she'd drawn a circle. Poor Aunt KK, getting your drawing skills dissed by a 2-year-old.
---
Yesterday Charlotte had just out the window to see if there was rain to go with the thunder she heard when a big black Dodge truck pulled into our driveway. She shouted excitedly, "UNCLE BRUCE!" and ran into the other room toward the front door with much enthusiasm. Unfortunately, I know Uncle Bruce drives a BLUE Ford truck and could see it just using our driveway to turn around. She was so excited and kept insisting that Uncle Bruce was outside, so I told her we could call him. He didn't pick up and I left a message. A few minutes later the phone rang and I said, "Maybe that's Uncle Bruce," which got me the response, " Uncle Bruce!" Of course it wasn't Uncle Bruce, but the next time the phone rang she cried, "Uncle Bruce!"
Uncle Bruce had been nearby with a truckload of drywall when he missed my call, but couldn't swing by once the rain started. So, as to not disapoint MC any further, we drove over to Miss Alafair's house around the corner to see him. Charlotte loves her Uncle Bruce!
---
Pregnancy - I'm finally at that point in the pregnancy where I love my pregnant body. The baby's movements can be seen through my shirt as he squirms around in there. (I say that as I just felt a foot-or something-slip up under my rib cage. Ouch!) I know there will be a point where I look and feel HUGE, but right now I'm at that fun stage at the end of the second trimester when everything looks well balanced. Read - my front has started growing faster than my rear! Thank Goodness! Did you know that most pregnant models don't work past the second trimester? I think that gives the rest of us a warped since of what a pretty pregnant belly should look like. Picture soon.
----
Charlotte loves to sing, dance, color, and play with play-doh. She has been able to say her alphabet for ages. Counting, however, seems to elude her, but she's getting better. It must come as no surprise then, that she's a very creative, imaginative child. Today we were outside chalking and I drew some stairs (she said a word that kinda sound like stairs) and then she pretended to walk up them. Fun, I thought, so I said, let's draw a bridge for you to cross. She LOVED that idea and walked right over the bridge. And then wanted me to draw the stream under it, complete with fish, a duck, and a boat. Then she sat "in the boat." So I took it a little further and drew us a big rowboat that we could both "sit in" and sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." We "grabbed" the chalk oars and paddled away. Then Charlotte stood up and I told her not to stand up, it would rock the boat and she might fall out into the water. So she then rocked back and forth and I decided to go overboard myself - but of course MC quickly extended her hand without prompting and helped me back into the boat.
I love the part of being a parent where you get to be a kid again. It's so much fun...of course that is until MC wants to sit in a boat and fall out 20 times in a half hour...
---
Talking. What the heck? It's like one day I had a little girl who could throw together a few commonly used 3 word sentences and today I got, "I want go see Bottie again." Last weekend it was, "I don't like it!" Those are just the most memorable, but they just keep on coming. I can hardly believe that she was rarely using a sentence 3 months ago and now she's spewing them out all the time. Of course, the more she talks, the more I know she understands, and thus the less she's going to be able to get away with :-P.
1 comment:
OMG, I love your daughter. :)
I love you, too, and Fred, hahaha.
Post a Comment