This afternoon Frederick visited the pediatrician. He was such a trooper even though he usually likes to nap the afternoon away (usually). The little man even cooed and smiled at the pediatrician as she was talking to me. It's almost as if he was saying, "Hey, Lady, the cuteness is right here! Talk to me!"
The nurse weighed and measured him - we have a big boy! In the last 7 weeks, since leaving the hospital, he has gained exactly 6 lbs and now weighs 13 lbs 2 oz, landing him in the 90th percentile. The resident who was there with our normal pedi said that I'm doing a good job feeding him. I think he's just doing a good job eating! He's also managed to lengthen out by 3 inches in the past 6 weeks and is now a full 23.5 inches, bumping him up to the 75th percentile. That all wouldn't be quite so crazy, except he started off just around the 25th for both. If he's anything like his sister, he'll end up back at that same percentile at some point, but for now he's my big boy!
Also, apparently the "baby acne" that I thought was just lasting forever is really just a raging case of cradle cap. I didn't know that could extend all over his little face, ears, and chest. She gave me a prescription that I can fill if I need to - it's just an oil with a little bit of steroid. Otherwise, I'm just going to purchase a little dandruff shampoo. Poor kid.
He took his shots like a champ - didn't even make a peep when they gave him the first one. We only did two this visit and will do two next month. He was extra fussy this evening, which for my laid back little boy simply meant that one of us had to hold him while he was awake. Now he's sleeping while we watch the Olympics.
Have I mentioned that Frederick loves to smile and coo? I never knew a 7 week old baby could smile and coo as much as this kiddo. Melts my heart every five minutes and I can hardly get anything done because he just smiles at me all of the time. Of course, I then drop whatever I'm doing to smile and talk to him. He totally has me wrapped around his pinky finger.
3 comments:
Can I say I'm sad y'all are leaving for the majority of my spring break? What are your plans for Easter?
Miss Charlotte will be here! But sorry we will not. Almost sorry. Not sorry enough to miss San Diego :-P
He's my lil chub chub nephew
Post a Comment