Actually, yesterday. Only because I am typing this at 4:20 in the morning. Driving me nuts. Which is why I'm bouncing his bouncy seat with my foot while I type up a blog post. Great start to my birthday, huh?
Frederick and I traveled down to Texas Children's today for an ultrasound of his hips. While there is no reason to believe that he actually has the same hip problems MC had, hip displaysia has a hereditary link so we are checking anyway. After all of my problems later in life I am not going to risk it. We'll find out sometime today how things look.
It was a quick and easy visit, even if we did walk in the door right on time instead of half an hour early like I'd wanted. It's amazing that an accident on 59 and one wrong turn in the medical center can put you behind by that much! Actually, due to the lack of time (and that they'd threatened to cancel my appointment if I showed up any later than 30 minutes before the appointment time), I didn't even bother hauling the stroller out of the car but instead slipped Freddy into my Hotsling. In a building where every kid under the age of three seems to be in a stroller, I felt a little out of place, but also so much less burdened. Plus, if I'd kept him in his car seat, I would have had to strap him in and unhook him several times. If anything, I love my Hotsling even more this time around.
We'd hoped to swing by and see Jeannette, who works at TCH, before our appointment but had to swing by afterwords. It was great to see her. While we were there she weighed the little man for me; 12 lbs 14 oz fully clothed with a dry diaper. Amazing, huh? Yet he still doesn't have the crazy tootsie rolls that MC had at this age. It will be interesting to see how long he is.
He finally fell asleep a few minutes ago, so I'm posting this and going back to sleep...but not for long :-(.
5 comments:
Don't you think he would weight the same with a wet diaper? Inside the body vs. in the diaper shouldn't really make a weight difference should it? Just a thought...
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Hahaha, love the comment, Helen! Of course the nurse thinks if this! Happy Birthday, sis! I hope you got some sleep!
Well, Ms. Nurse to be, I would agree with you, but must confess that it always seems to be the nurses that are most concerned with the diaper being dry!
But really, once it's out of your body, it's not really your weight, is it?
and thanks for the birthday wishes. it was a good one :-)
Post a Comment