It's official, we now have a smiling AND cooing baby. Love it!
Sleeping babies rock socks. Frederick often sleeps a 4-5 hours stretch at night...unfortunately, that stretch usually begins at 9 pm, not helping me out a whole lot. Just now he slept from 5-8:30 pm. Great for eating dinner in peace. Not so great for getting to bed early tonight. He did flash me some huge smiles when he woke up, though.
Our friend Connie directed us to a website that has little activities for each letter of the alphabet. Charlotte eats it up, which is great, because everything else we've tried with letters seems to bore her to death. Unfortunately, she hasn't yet mastered how to use a mouse (it's the first time we've given her one to use), so we have to play with her. Not a bad thing, but after an hour of looking at letters, my mind becomes mush. And "playing letters" is always at the top of her to do list.
Charlotte suddenly went from being amazingly potty trained to massive regression that includes a tantrum when given either the option of sitting on the potty or wearing a diaper instead of her precious panties. When she DOES finally sit on the potty, I find her panties are just slightly wet already. Freddy is 6 weeks old; I thought we were in the clear on that one. Totally baffled on how exactly to handle this one, folks.
Sleep deprivation makes me do crazy things like leave eggs out of my bread dinner roll recipe even though it is right in front of me, forget MC's nap mat for MDO, lose track of my cell phone for whole days at a time, go to Target and forget to buy 2 of the 3 items on my list yet somehow still spend $40, and much, much more. Will be so nice to feel clear headed again.
Charlotte has started drawing pictures that look like more than just scribble. She now draws "wiggles," smiley faces, and crazy people with arms and legs coming out of their heads. She'll also make a bunch of random dots on a page and then connect them all together. I will take a photo of some of her recent pieces and add it soon. It's the kind of artwork that only a parent can be proud of, but after 18 months of scribbles, I can't help but be excited!
The Olympics are awesome to watch, but always present a late night conflict of interest. I just now got excited because there are 3 pairs of figure skaters left to go in the competition...and then they cut away to everything else that's happened today and I'm still waiting for the skaters to finish. Really, I should be sleeping since Freddy just went down.
2 comments:
GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!
The real problem is that the hour and a half after Frederick goes to sleep is the only quiet part of my day - if I don't use it for sleeping, that is. If I DO use it for sleeping, bye-bye time to myself...or having clothes to wear the next day...
Post a Comment