Saturday, March 20, 2010

Potty Talk - Updated

Tonight's conversation in the Fuddrucker's restroom:

MC: You go tinkle!
Me: mmm-hmmm
MC: You go tinkle like me!
Me: Yes, Charlotte.
MC: (clapping her hands) Yayyy!  Good job, mommy!  You get a mystery egg? (mystery egg = reward in an Easter egg)

Gotta love the toddler enthusiasm in public places.

****
Sometimes, most times, I hope there isn't someone in the stall next to us when I take Charlotte to use a public restroom.  If you ever find yourself in the next stall while I am helping Charlotte, you might hear something like this:

Charlotte:  I don't have to go tinkle!
Me: Okay, well, you are going to have to try, okay?  Then we can go see the baby animals!
Charlotte: Okaaaay. (She always says OK with a really long a.  Drives me nuts. Or it is really cute; I haven't decided which yet.)
Me: Good job, Charlotte!  I knew you could do it!
Charlotte: I go poopy.
Me: Oh, poopy too.  Good job!
Charlotte: It's AMAZING!

This kid has crazy enthusiasm...maybe we've shown a little too much appreciation of her potty accomplishments.


Another favorite stall conversation:

Charlotte:  Those are my private parts.
Me: mmm-hmmm
Charlotte:  Mommy have private parts?
Me: mmm-hmmm
Charlotte: Frederick have private parts?
Me: mmm-hmmm.  Honey, can we not talk about this right now? Let's not talk about our private parts in public, please.

2 comments:

Helen said...

These conversations make me smile!

Connie V said...

Just wait till Frederick can talk! Little boys are very proud of their weenies. Charlotte's the cutest. I wonder if Frederick will begin talking as early and as much as Charlotte, or if she will just do all the talking for him. We'll see!