Monday, March 8, 2010

You LOVE It!

Charlotte (running in with a multi-colored drawing):  Mommy!  I made this for you!
Me: Oh, thank you, Charlotte.
Charlotte:  You LOVE it!

She wanted to hang it on the wall, but I convinced her the refrigerator would do just as well.

---

Every night at bedtime, as I tuck her in, Charlotte asks, "Mommy, are you gonna come check on me?"
Every night I say, "Of course, Charlotte, I will be back to check on you."
"You gonna check on Frederick?"
"Yes, sweetheart, I'm going to check on him too."

At first I couldn't figure out why we were having this conversation every night, and then I realized that I often say during the day, "Hold on a second, Charlotte, I'm going to go check on Frederick real quick."  I guess she wants to make sure I'm checking on her while she's sleeping too :-).

2 comments:

Erin said...

must you always melt my heart with all the cuteness!!!
i love all the things kids pick up on.

Christy Drake said...

I think I will do this too:

Here's some dessert. You LOVE it!

I wonder if it will work when I give homework assignments...