So today, a beautiful day, we took our kiddos to Mass, as we do every Sunday. Palm Sunday Mass, to be specific. It was L-O-N-G. But they were both good. We were happy.
Charlotte wanted a bagel so we enjoyed "Coffee and Donuts" afterwords. As we were leaving, she started screaming about being hungry. Of course she was hungry; it was well after her normal lunch time. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and she was an angel at the table.
We came home and tried to get her to take a late nap at 2:30. No dice. So what do we decide to do? Go to Macy's.
Did I mention that Frederick hadn't slept much either, except for almost an hour and a half in my Mei Tai carrier?
Disaster.
I walked up to the Clinique counter and had to wait to be helped. They didn't have what I wanted, so I tried to see if they might have something else that would work. Meanwhile, Fred took the antsy kids for a walk around the mall. I decided that I didn't want a substitute for what I usually purchase and they had my product at the other Macy's in the same mall (really? How long is that going to continue?). Fred walks by and I hear the screaming. Newborn baby screaming and sobbing little girl screaming, "There is my Mommy, right there!"
Why was she screaming? Apparently she pulled up her skirt and shoved her hands into her panties and out the leg holes. Poor Fred was walking around the mall and everyone kept smiling/laughing at Charlotte and he didn't know why. Once he realized what she was doing, he told her to stop or he was going to have to strap her into the stroller (yes, I know you are always supposed to strap them into the stroller). She did it again anyway and he strapped her in. Ensue screaming like she's being murdered. Add in Frederick's tired sympathy cries and Fred was getting all the sympathetic looks.
Fred told me this story and I just laughed. Fred was mortified, but since I wasn't there, I get to find it funny. We tried to wander up to the kids department where they were having a sale, and I wanted to look for a pizza stone, but after 3 minutes we declared it a complete failure and ran for the car.
Fred waited in the car while I ran into the other Macy's for my makeup. Charlotte screamed bloody murder the whole time that she wanted her Mommy. Fred turned up the white noise of 87.7 and Frederick slept. Back on 610 both babes were passed out. I asked Fred if he'd like to take a road trip somewhere while they were both out and quiet. He declined, but I'm pretty sure he regretted it when we got home and they both woke up.
And then, almost as suddenly as it had been a failure, we enjoyed the setting sun outside to the tune of 2 year old laughter and 2 (almost 3!) month old coos.
We put them to bed.
Then we had wine.
What a day!
5 comments:
Poor Fred. I would've loved to see this.
Also, I thought about what you showed me with blogs and gmail. And you SHOULD get google chrome. It takes a little while to get used to, but everything is more connected and super easy to navigate. I would've put this on facebook, but, you know... Only a week left!
Sorry Fred but that is hilarious.
I am with Elizabeth on this. Screaming kids in a stroller is funny, because it happens all the time! This day sounds so familiar. We often keep driving when they fall asleep!
Actually, I'm really proud of Fred. He really kept his cool the whole time. He's adjusting to 2 screaming kiddos like a champ.
Amanda, I wished we'd just kept driving...
Post a Comment