Wednesday, June 16, 2010

5 Month Update

Can you believe this little guy has been around for so long and yet so little?  5 months seems such a short amount of time considering I can't remember what life was like before he arrived.  At the same time, the time has passed all too quickly.



At five months old, Frederick rolls all over the place.  In fact, changing his diaper can be difficult since he always wants to be on his tummy.  Once on his stomach he usually pushes up on to his hands and knees, a regular habit of the last week or so.  If you place a toy just out of his reach he will make frustrated grunts as he rocks back and forth, generally accomplishing movement in the opposite direction. Ha! He gets so mad.

Frederick can sit unassisted for several minutes, but rather stand whenever possible (assisted in that case, of course).    He gets VERY excited when I let him support himself at the coffee table while spotting him from behind. 

For a kid who doesn't eat solids yet, he sure does love dinner time!  We set him up with a plastic spoon in the high chair while we eat.  Up until recently, Fred let him sit in his lap, but Frederick squirms way too much for that now!  He reaches and grabs for everything in sight and has overturned more than one glass.

He loves his big sister and smiles and laughs at her on car rides.  Much to Charlotte's dismay, he has also learned to pull hair.  She recently tied to sneak some cookie dough into his mouth.  Fortunately, Frederick doesn't seem to have much of a sweet tooth. 

Except he has no teeth.  Charlotte had 4 at this point.   I must say I love his gummy grins!

Frederick's favorite toy is anything paper. Anyone know a good paper substitute that doesn't fall apart when it comes into contact with baby slobber?  He now cries when you take something away from him (or don't let him have) that he wants.  I also have to distract him with something if I want to leave the room; if he sees me walk out, he cries!

For a while he was even babbling, saying "Ma, ma, ma, ma."  It seems that is a skill he has forgotten, though, as I haven't heard any "Ma, Ma-ing" in a while.

Poor little man, doesn't get nearly the milestone attention of his big sister, but without a doubt, he is loved!


Oh yes, and did I mention, he loves to gum his toes?  If Charlotte isn't entertaining him, his feet certainly will!

No comments: