Thursday, June 24, 2010

He's the Easy One, Right?

I have said Frederick is the easy baby, right?   Except he already has some serious opinions about things.  Like removing anything from his hands, having his diaper changed, or holding still while I slip an outfit over his head and slip his arms through the sleeves.

Last night, while Fred was holding him and I was finishing dinner, Frederick was chewing on this plastic toy of Charlotte's(the freebie kind from Wendy's), but seemed to be mad because it isn't really meant for chewing on and didn't quite fit into his mouth very well.  Frustrated with the fussing and squirming, Fred decided to remove the toy from his dimpled little hands.  Bad idea.

Ensue screaming as intense as if his big sister just tried to twist his arm around a way that it doesn't go (she was very upset, when she found out trying to twist Brother's arm like a baby doll's really hurt him!).  You know, when there is no sound for long seconds before ear-piercing, heart-wrenching sounds start pouring from your baby's mouth?  That's what we had going on here. He arched his back and let loose.  He was in such a rage that he didn't even notice when I took him from Fred tried to return the toy to his possession.  In fact, the soundless part of the screaming was lasting so long, and the actual screaming for so short, that his lips started turning blue.  I freaked out a bit at the slightly blue tint, and gave him a little shake - at which he actually opened his eyes, realized that Mommy had him, and allowed himself to be consoled.

The kid isn't even 6 months old yet.   I'm pretty sure things are only going to get crazier around here.

1 comment:

Christy Drake said...

Is it bad that I think his crying face is adorable? (well, not
when it goes on for more than a minute.)