So we finally baptized our baby boy today - he turned 5 months old on Friday. I feel like such a slacker. From now on, new goal: Sanchez babies are to be baptized before 12 weeks old. He was way too squirmy and the gown would not stay put. Not to mention he kept trying to eat it - probably not a good thing for 100 year old lace!
After Fr. Juan claimed Frederick for Christ our Savior by the sign of his cross by tracing the cross on his forehead, he invited us, the godparents, and family to do the same.
Grandmom Hotze gave us water from the Jordan River to use for Frederick's baptism.
We didn't have a private baptism, but it seems that all three of the babies baptized today were named Sanchez - the sweet twin girls in this shot.
Frederick is wearing his great, great-grandmother's baptismal gown. Charlotte wore it at her baptism as well.
Frederick Christian Juan, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Yes, you read that right. Fr. Juan found out that my brothers were baptized "Gerard" by Fr. Gerard Joubert and surprised us by throwing the Juan in there. Ha!
Unfortunately, I did not make it into this photo - darn 55mm prime lens (that I usually adore)! I probably should have used the other lens, but figured this one would do better in the low light....
Ad that is the end of the pictures. The one thing I've found with both of our children's baptisms is that it is so hard to get photos with other family because everything is so rushed. Rush to change the baby into the gown after Mass, before the baptism. Rush to snap a couple of photos and then rush to change him back out and get home where everyone is meeting for food and cake. Maybe I'll put him back in the gown tomorrow and take a few shots just for fun...if I dare risk harming a 100 year old gown for the sake of a few photos...







No comments:
Post a Comment