So, for Frederick's baptism, I decided to bake a cake. For Christmas mom gave me these really cool puzzle cakes. With everything going on, I hadn't yet had a chance to try one. Yesterday I went to Michael's, found the cake decorating aisle, and freaked out a little. Then I called my sister Christy (who, along with sister Helen, is taking a cake decorating class in Chicago right now) and begged for some guidance. I came home with some food color gel, a handful of decorating tips, some couplers, and some featherweight bags.
Not too bad for my first attempt, huh?

I think I had the most fun playing with the food coloring.
Charlotte really wanted to help (I mean, what nearly 3 year old doesn't want to help with icing?), so I let her decorate this cupcake "all by herself." (which really means I never let go of the icing bag and shook the sprinkles into her hand).
Here is her creation.
I asked her to model and show it to me for the camera, and she was happy to oblige.



I see more decorating in her future, don't you?


2 comments:
It seems the Hotze women have a gift for baking! It looks great!
Great job - especially for the first try!
Post a Comment