Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Professional Photography? Nah.


So, I am no professional photographer.  I've had my Canon XTi for two years now and I'm still SUCH a beginner.  Yet I have come a long way since I first attempted to take a few pictures of my newborn baby girl.  She was the most beautiful thing that I'd ever set my eyes on, but I had NO idea how to take just the right any photo to capture the cuteness I saw.  (What?  If you want to get up close and use a flash you should use a macro setting??)  The most important thing I've learned?   Kids are freaking hard to take pictures of because they never stop moving.  Thus my camera is always in continuous shooting mode.  I take eight million photos in hope of capturing JUST the right moment. 

I moved aside the dining room table and set up these spur of the moment shots last week.  I'm so thankful I don't have to pay for portraits of my little loves.  I DO however, need to find someone to take photos of ME with these little monkeys! Thankfully, I'm pretty sure I can rope Fred in.   (Though I'm toying with a few different ideas on how to set up the light...)

1 comment:

zharleen said...

GOODNESS, your kids are GORGEOUS. It's kind of ridiculous. :)