Monday, January 5, 2009

Family

Sunday we went down to Pearland to visit with Fred's Aunt, and one of my favorite in-laws, Sister Lilia. Prior to her recent retirement, she lived in Malawi where she worked with orphans and provided home care to AIDS patients. She plans to spend the next few months visiting her US family before going to the Philippines.


When we arrived, she gave me a big hug as though we have been close friends my whole life even when I only met her once before. She has such energy!

Although it was a long day for Charlotte, we had a great time hanging out there. Charlotte, provided the entertainment, as usual. Her new thing? Taking someone's hand and leading him to her destination of choice, or even in circles, because, let's face it, what could be more amusing than making Lolo walk in circles through the house? We even stayed for dinner - including a simple dish Sister Lilia enjoyed in Malawi. Yum!

Silly Uncle Todd!

Fun with mirrors

Hanging out

Looking through pictures

The Newlyweds

Around the table

The room looks funny from this angle!

Have I mentioned that I love the new lens Brian bought me for Christmas? Oh, I mean bought Fred. It really takes some great photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i did notice that when i asked charlotte if she wanted to watch tv she took my hand and dragged me to the couch. and i think she takes "watch tv" to mean "knock on the window and look at the dogs"