Monday, January 5, 2009

Save Our Blog!

Seriously, people, I'm not feeling the love. I know you've been busy with the holidays, so I'm going to let the lack of comments slide. Today, however, it's back to the real world for most people, so I expect to see your faces (er, um, comments) around here again soon! If my posts are getting boring, though, please let me know!

On another note, the New Year's financial plan to cut back on my groceries stepped off to a bad start. With a desire for some Oreo cookies one night, I asked Fred to pick me up a package when he ran to Randalls to pick up some freezer paper (which somehow turned into the Ziplock freezer bags with the vacuum valves).

Did you know that even with a card those suckers cost $4.59?!?! I usually won't pick them up at HEB unless they are $2.50 - on sale from the regular $2.99. OUCH! One way I keep our bills down is to pay careful attention to what each item costs and buy extra when the price is low.

Note to self, don't ask hubby to pick up something unless I know what it costs or tell him only to buy it if it's less than a certain price. That said, I think our budget will survive the two dollars, especially for Oreo Cookies! :-)

7 comments:

Ari said...

Sorry, I know I'm horribly guilty of not leaving comments. I don't think I've left one yet. But I'm leaving one now... yay?

Anyway, your posts are far from boring... I love them!

HappyAutisticMama said...

I'm still reading!

I know what you mean about saving money on groceries. I just about had a heart attack when I was entering how much we spent on groceries in December into my spreadsheet. Ouch! It was expected, with Christmas dinner and all that formula, but it was still a shock.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am here. :) It is easy to keep up with your blog now that I started using my RSS reader again.

Yep, I too watch my groceries. I don't stock up when items are on sale. I need to do that.

Elizabeth said...

OH Good! Glad you are still around :-P.

I admit, using google reader limits my comments because I have to go through an extra step to do so. But I love the reader!

alison said...

i read too, i just sometimes want to comment something else than "oh cute!" or "adorable!" haha! jk I've wanted to do a blog for a while, but seriously, I don't think people will read unless i have cute kiddo pictures to post! so maybe that will have to wait for a while...

Anonymous said...

i still read your blog!!
keep the cute pictures coming!
-Erin

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I'm still here! I use google reader as well so I don't comment like I used to on blogs. But I do get to keep up with more of them. I think I feel the same way about people reading ours. I know there are people reading but it just makes it so much better when they leave a comment!

I promise to try and try and comment more! I'll add that to my list of New Year's Resolutions. That list keeps getting longer and longer though :)