This was the result:
Good times!
The stamp markers were pretty shot after who knows how many years, so I pitched them quietly after we played, but the play doh and foam cut outs were a big hit. I must confess that I am wired oddly and have issues with the play doh colors getting all mixed up and then turning into gray blobs (or whatever color that is exactly), so I only pull out one canister for Charlotte to play with at a time. She knows to put one color away before I'll give her another one - I am probably creating a monster. I am totally boring!
The foam cut outs allow her to use different colors together and I can easily separate them out when she's done. Some of the fancier play doh toys still require supervision, or my impateint daughter ends up screaming because something isn't coming out the way she wants it. With the foam and play doh, no glue and only light supervision is needed - so I can do things like clean, or cook dinner, or write a blog post.
Sweet, huh?


3 comments:
i am really diggin' those curls!
p.s. ever since i was a wee kid, i always hated mixing play-doo too. (this was probably why we were such good friends back in gradeschool...anal retentivness brought us together!)
The curls are crazy! I feel like my poor kid is never groomed when we leave the house, but I do try!
Maybe the play doh color thing is a oldest child thing...
Post a Comment