Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pregnant Body

Some women love being pregnant. Some women love the "womanly" form their bodies take in the 9 months of pregnancy. I always think that pregnant women are cute.

But not me.

Sure, if I never had to step on a scale or look in a full length mirror for the second half of my pregnancy, I might look down at my growing baby bump and be totally in love with it. I am absolutely crazy about the little baby kicking around under my bump, so some of that transfers over to the bump itself.

I dream of being that cute pregnant woman with the bulging belly who gains only the bare minimum and still looks like a model from the back. Reality? I've never been tall enough to be a model and lately it seems like for every inch I gain in the front, I also gain in the back. While not pregnant, I lament my formless backside, but really? this has gone a little too far. Maybe It's just an issue of balance, keeping my center of gravity just a little bit more, well center.

I don't remember my body shaping out quite this way when I was pregnant with Charlotte, but I'm sure it did; stretch marks only appeared on my rear end and never my watermelon-sized belly.

The other curious thing about this body is the new noises I make every time I lean over, sit down, or stand up. It sounds a little like an, "umph," and I think Fred is already tired of the excess groaning. For now I'm still sleeping with ease, but last week suddenly found laying on my stomach to be entirely uncomfortable. Thankfully, I don't think that I have a pregnant waddle, yet.

So, until next summer, when I will hopefully have most of this baby weight off, I am going to wear lots of dresses and tunic length shirts and keep away from full length mirrors. I also pledge to smile and believe people who tell me that I have a pregnant glow. If Fred complains enough, I'll also try to keep the "umph" noises silently in my head.

Wish me luck.

4 months from today!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're crazy! by the photographs you post, i think you are super precious as a pregnant lady!!!!